Chile Pepper Mission Statement
We inspire and support Northwest Arkansas youth cross country teams, promoting the benefit of exercise, healthy lifestyle, teamwork and lifelong sport.
Race Proceeds Distributed to Northwest Arkansas High School Cross Country Programs
Race proceeds are given to public high school cross country programs in the four counties of Northwest Arkansas (Benton, Washington, Carroll and Madison). Recently, over 25 different schools have received funding. Our mission is to get kids running and over $940,000 has been given to date. $72,000 was distributed in 2022.
Meet Dates: Friday, September 29th and Saturday, September 30th, 2023
2023 Special Considerations
College events and the 1 Mile open race will occur on Friday evening. Packet pickup will occur Friday evening and Saturday morning at the Registration tent. There will not be any Friday access to the course for high school teams to preview/run due to college races, but they are welcome to come cheer on the action.
We are guests of the University of Arkansas Experimental Farm and these are strict rules.
NO PETS on grounds!
- College team vans/buses are allowed entry from Garland Avenue at AGRI Park on Friday.
- Race Staff, Credentialed Volunteers, and VIP 10K participants allowed entry from Garland Avenue at AGRI Park on Saturday.
- Parking for Saturday High School Teams is adjacent to the Washington Country Fairgrounds as directed by race officials. Buses may drop off students at Agri Park off Garland Avenue.
- Pedestrian access for Race Staff, Credentialed Volunteers, and VIP 10K participants allowed thru Quality Lane gate or as directed by officials.
- Chile Pepper T-shirts and other event merchandise will be available for purchase.
Scoring and Timing
Each runner will be required to wear a shoe chip which will be tied to his or her shoelace with supplied bread ties. At the conclusion of each race, the chips will be collected. Each participant or Coach, in the case of Teams, is responsible for returning the chip to the finish line area or registration tent if not participating. Please turn in the chips you don’t use or you or the school may be charged.
Our long term Partners Creative and Timex always have cool stuff. Check out the goodies!
The Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival is held on the University of Arkansas cross country course in Fayetteville. The course is a combination of grass, cinder and uneven terrain. SEC and NCAA Championships have been settled here! Coach Bucknam describes it as the Superbowl of Cross Country!