Festival Dates: Friday, October 3rd and Saturday, October 4th
Pre-Registration/Packet Pickup Friday, October 3rd
- College and High School Teams may preview the course on Friday after 3:00 p.m.
- Pre-Registration and Packet Pickup is at Race Village at the Course Friday from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM.
- Cars and Buses are not allowed entry from Garland Avenue on Friday.
- Parking for this occasion is a grass lot on Quality Lane which intersects Gregg Street.
- Runners are strongly encouraged to utilize online registration to save money and time.
- Chile Pepper T-shirts and other event merchandise will be available for purchase.
- Tom Lewis 1 Mile Friday Night Pepper Dash 6:59 p.m.
RAIN SITE: Gymnastic Joe’s, NWA MALL
4201 North Shiloh Drive Fayetteville, AR 72703. A notice will be posted on website header and facebook page facebook.com/chilepepperfest early Friday morning if necessary.
Saturday Directions and Parking:
GPS and Google Map users: Use Washington County Fairgrounds, North McConnell Avenue, Fayetteville, AR
Traveling on Hwy. I-540, take exit 66 to Hwy. 112 (which is also Garland Ave.). Travel south on Hwy. 112. You will see Chile Pepper parking signs. General Parking is located at Washington County Fairgrounds which are all located off Hwy. 112. Transit Buses will shuttle participants from the parking lots to the drop-off point near the course from 5:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Some walking is required. Note: Please allow extra time to get to the race site.
Handicap Parking Traveling on Hwy. I-540, take exit 66 to Hwy. 112 (which is also Garland Ave.). Travel south on Hwy. 112. You will see Chile Pepper parking signs. Turn into the Agri Park and proceed up to gate entrance for Transit buses. A guard will check your credentials, (fill out the Handicap Parking form online) Parking is located on the course near the race village, attendants will direct vehicles.
This year’s event will be chip timed by Branch Sports Technology. Chips will be issued on Friday and Saturday only. Each runner will be required to wear an electronic chip which will be tied to his or her shoelace with supplied bread ties . At the conclusion of each race, the chips will be collected. Each participant is responsible for returning the chip to the timekeeper. There will be a $30.00 charge per chip for any that are not returned.
Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration:
Packets may be picked up Saturday, October 4th, at the Festival race site at the Registration Tent beginning at 6:00 a.m. Race day registration will open at 6:00 a.m. and continue until 15 minutes prior to the start of each race.
Race Start Times:
Make arrangements as soon as possible. For additional help with accommodations, please contact the Fayetteville Convention and Visitors Bureau at 800-766-4626 for available hotels in the Northwest Arkansas area.
- 10K Open Entry Fee: $25 before September 22, then $30 until October 4th. Race day registration increases to $40.
- 5K Fun Run Entry Fee: $25 before September 22, then $30 until October 4th. Race day registration increases to $40.
- VIP entry is $60, before September 22, then $70 until October 4th upon availability. Benefits include a secure place for gear, preferential parking, etc. For details and updates, check the VIP Page.
- NEW for 2014: Tom Lewis 1 Mile Friday Night Pepper Dash $10
All runners may eat free at the famous post-race taco feast. Non-registered adults and kids may eat at the post-race lunch for $5.
- Each runner will be treated to a post-race feast provided by Jose’s Mexican Restaurant, Jose’s Southwest Grill, and Ben E. Keith.
- Free massages provided by Blue Cliff College - 479-521-2550
The Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival will held at the University of Arkansas cross country course in Fayetteville. The course is a combination of grass, cinder and uneven terrain.
Race Proceeds Distributed to Northwest Arkansas High School Cross Country Programs:
Race proceeds are given to the Fayetteville, Springdale, Har-Ber, Rogers, Rogers Heritage, Siloam Springs and Bentonville high school cross country teams. $36,000 was donated in 2012 with $314,000 given to date. $42,000 was distributed in 2013!