- 8K Race Map (College Men)
- 5K Race Map (College Women)
- 5K Race Map (High School)
- 2 Mile Race Map JR High (2019 only)
- 10K Race Map (Open Run)
- Tom Lewis 1 Mile Pepper Dash
Maps will be available at packet pick up or displayed.
- College Men’s Course is 8K.
- College Women’s Race is 5K.
- 5K Fun Run is same course as High School Course.
- The 10K is the classic XC course with roaring crowds.
- 1 Mile starts at top of hill West of Registration, passes the lake and a downhill to Finish.
- 2 Mile Junior High course follows 5K course for first 1.3 miles, then loops starting area and goes to Finish. This was done to shorten day and in case of heat for the runners in 2019.
Open 10K detailed description
The Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival will held at the University of Arkansas cross country course in Fayetteville. The course is a combination of grass, cinder and uneven terrain.
The race consists of two and 1/2 laps on a path through the fields and slightly wooded sections of Agri Park. The race starts with runners lined up across a wide field in the northeast corner of the park. The field starts to narrow close to a quarter mile into the race. Near the half mile mark, the course turns right and runners face a pretty good incline. The course then turns right and continues slightly downhill, along with the 1 mile marker. The course then runs next to a pond and through several open fields before passing the two mile marker. Runners will proceed along the northern most perimeter of the park and begin a slight downhill section before continuing into a very short wooded section. Upon exiting the trees, runners will proceed approximately 100 meters and then take a sharp left turn. This next section is where the aid station will be located on each lap. Runners will then proceed through a fairly tight downhill section that turns to the right and then left before returning to the starting area field to begin lap #2.
The second lap is the same as the first. After finishing lap #2 and once again crossing the starting area field, the 5 mile marker is reached. Only 1.2 miles remain, but the opening hill awaits as the runners must summit it for the third and final time. This third lap continues as the two before, turning right after the uphill for two small declines. The lap is then cut short, routing the runners towards the finishing area. A nice downhill followed by a curve to the right put the racers near the 6 mile point. After a 180-degree turn around a cluster of trees, it’s a classic dead straight away sprint to the finish line through roaring crowds!