The Chile Pepper, Inc. is seeking an Executive Director to begin working with our team in 2024.
We are an Arkansas non-profit corporation that hosts the annual Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival which serves as a fundraiser for high school cross-country programs. Race proceeds are given to public high school cross-country programs in the four counties of Northwest Arkansas (Benton, Washington, Carroll, and Madison). Recently, over 25 different schools have received funding. Our mission is to get youth running, and in our 35th year (2023) we surpassed $1,000,000 in total lifetime giving.
The Executive Director is a contracted position responsible for serving as the race director, ensuring board members are fulfilling roles in race operations, communicating with U of A facilities, coaches, community stakeholders, service providers, event vendors, and team coaches, and overseeing general non-profit business. Chile Pepper desires the benefit of the experience and services of an Executive Director to assist with festival and mission-centered activities. This opportunity offers compensation of $18,000-$22,000 annually and is equivalent to less than part-time depending on the time of year.
Please submit application materials prior to December 15, 2023 by using this Chile Pepper Executive Director Application Form.
Supplemental materials/attachments and questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Executive Director Position Description
Mission/Vision: We inspire and support Northwest Arkansas youth cross-country teams, promoting the benefit of exercise, healthy lifestyle, teamwork, and lifelong sport.
Race Management Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Directing the Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival event including all preparatory, regulatory, and operational activities before, at, and after each annual event.
- Planning of all event-related meetings such as the pre-race press conference and post-race stakeholder celebration.
- Assist in recruiting volunteers, soliciting sponsors, confirming equipment rental agreements, maintaining event insurance, and event sanctioning.
- Actively engage board members, partner organizations, and sponsors in race weekend planning and involvement.
- Tasks board members with specific planning roles and responsibilities and guide and support them as needed to ensure success.
- Continue relations with existing sponsors and develop new sponsorship opportunities.
- Establish good relations with partner organizations such as the University of Arkansas, , the City of Fayetteville, and local running clubs and businesses, and develop new partner opportunities.
- Recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the items and tasks on the event planning schedule.
- Secure event venue and amenity needs, communicating well with the U of A Agriculture Fields manager and crews.
- Coordinate event vendors and supplies including but not limited to shuttle buses, portable toilets, food trucks, event tents, ATVs, radios, etc.
- Facilitate marketing opportunities for digital and print media outlets.
- Seek to connect with other not-for-profit races to grow and benefit the Chile Pepper and other local races.
- Responsible for tracking race financials by keeping organized records of expense receipts, revenues collected, and donations given.
- Providing financial receipts, deposits, etc. in a timely manner to the board treasurer
- Other duties normally associated with the Race Director position of similar-sized events.
- Other event needs as identified by the Chile Pepper Board of Directors.
Leadership Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Working knowledge of the Chile Pepper, Inc. history, racing event, current programs, and existing partners, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Support the Board of Directors by seeking and building board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing community programming and fundraising efforts.
- Ensure Chile Pepper, Inc. business is handled annually to remain in compliance and good standing.
- Work with board treasurer and contracted accountant to complete annual financial reports on race expenses and operational expenses and auditing documents as needed.
- Maintain Chile Pepper, Inc annual contracts and agreements such as its post office box, insurance, and website hosting.
- Build upon relationships that exist with key partners, such as the University of Arkansas Agri Field managers and Arkansas Razorback cross country coaches.
- Increase awareness and brand recognition of Chile Pepper, Inc.’s work and race offerings in the community.
Skills / Experience:
Preferred candidate has experience and strong skills in the following areas:
- Event planning and logistics
- Strategic planning
- Organizational management
- Financial management